Buckwheat Berry Crepes
Buckwheat Berry Crepes - 10 Months+
- ½ cup raspberry puree
- 2/3 cup buckwheat pancake mix
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups whole milk
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Unsalted butter or vegan spread for pan
- ½ cup natural creamy peanut butter (any nut butter can be substituted for example almond butter, sunflower butter or cashew butter)
- ½ cup Yogurt Cheese or Cream cheese
Here is fun recipe the whole family will love, for breakfast or anytime. Add all the crepe ingredients to a blender and mix well, batter should be runny. Cook in a crepe or frying pan on medium low heat for about 1 minute on each side, watch them closely. They should be very thin and round. Spread with PB, cheese and roll up. Slice in pinwheels and top with reserved puree. You make have to cut them a bit smaller depending on the age of your little one. The crepes will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days and freezer for up to 2 months.
Some of the Awesome Health Benefits:
Buckwheat is high in fiber. 1 cup of cooked buckwheat grains contains over 4 grams of dietary fiber. Buckwheat contains the eight essential amino acids. Buckwheat contains many minerals including: phosphorus, magnesium, iron, zinc, copper and manganese.